- Garbage pick-up is contracted to Municipal Waste Management Ltd. For inquiries, contact 204-483-3986; Box 307 Souris, MB R0K 2C0; or visit www.mwmltd.ca
- Recycling pick-up is on Tuesdays and waste pick-up is on Thursdays.
- View the schedule from December 2016 to December 2017:
- Four acres of garbage disposal/landfill located 3 km SE of town limits.
- Effective Jan. 6, 2017, hours are:
- Friday 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- CLOSED on Monday to Thursday and Sunday
- CLOSED ALL STAT HOLIDAYS
Water Supply – underground well and pipeline system. 1,000,000 Ltr underground reservoir.
Water Supply, Reservoir and Treatment Facility
Water treatment is a combination of greensand and osmosis; resulting in excellent drinking water and not required further water softening for residential use.
Average Flow – 90,000 gallons/day
Design Flow – 160,000 gallons/day
Iron (Fe) is removed
Chlorine (Cl) is added to Melita’s water supply, as in most other towns in Manitoba.
Type of treatment – 3-cell lagoon FAC
Average flow – 100,000/200,000 gallons/day
Design flow – 250,000 gallons/day
Two lift stations under grade system
No constraints on future system expansion, as needs may demand.
Electricity and Natural Gas
For all your electricity and natural gas needs, please contact Manitoba Hydro.