- Garbage pick-up is contracted to Municipal Waste Management Ltd. For inquiries, contact 204-483-3986; Box 307 Souris, MB R0K 2C0; or visit www.mwmltd.ca
- Recycling pick-up is on Tuesdays and waste pick-up is on Thursdays.
- View the schedule from November 2018 to January 2020:
- Curbside and Drop-off Schedule for Special Household Waste: Yard waste, tree trimmings, hazardous & e-waste, and bulk waste (May/June 2019)
- Click on the page links to read:
E-Waste brochure: page 1, page 2
Hazardous Waste brochure: page 1, page 2
- The Landfill/Nuisance Ground is now operated by the Municipality of Two Borders
- Some fees may apply. You may contact 204-522-3263 or visit their office at 138 Main Street, Melita for more info.
- Four acres of garbage disposal/landfill located 3 km SE of town limits.
- Hours are:
- Wednesday 1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday 12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- CLOSED on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday
- CLOSED ALL STAT HOLIDAYS
Water Supply – underground well and pipeline system. 1,000,000 Ltr underground reservoir.
Water Supply, Reservoir and Treatment Facility
Water treatment is a combination of green sand and osmosis; resulting in excellent drinking water and not required further water softening for residential use.
Average Flow – 90,000 gallons/day
Design Flow – 160,000 gallons/day
Iron (Fe) is removed
Chlorine (Cl) is added to Melita’s water supply, as in most other towns in Manitoba.
Type of treatment – 3-cell lagoon FAC
Average flow – 100,000/200,000 gallons/day
Design flow – 250,000 gallons/day
Two lift stations under grade system
No constraints on future system expansion, as needs may demand.
Electricity and Natural Gas
For all your electricity and natural gas needs, please contact Manitoba Hydro.